Try this yummy recipe yourself!
It's very common to need to reboost your milk supply from time to time while breastfeeding your newborn. We have a yummy recipe to help with that! This recipe is loaded with natural galactagogues. Galactagogues help make more milk, including flaxseed, brewer's yeast, oats, nuts, and even certain herbs.
Oatmeal Lactation Cookies
- 3 cups old-fashioned rolled oats
- 1 1/2 cups unbleached organic all-purpose flour
- 5 tablespoons brewers yeast
- 3 tablespoons ground flaxseed
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 12 tablespoons organic unsalted butter
- 4 tablespoons unrefined organic virgin coconut oil
- 1 1/2 cups organic cane sugar
- 1 large egg + 1 large egg yolk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
Feel free to add: unsweetened flaked coconut, chopped almonds, 1 to 2 tablespoons of almond butter
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
In a large bowl, whisk together the oats, flour, yeast, flaxseed, baking powder, soda, cinnamon and salt.
In the bowl of your electric mixer, beat the butter and coconut oil on medium speed until creamy. Add the sugar and beat on medium to high speed until fluffy, about 4 to 5 minutes. Add in the egg and egg yolk, beating until combined, about 2 to 3 minutes. Add in the vanilla extract and beat until combined again. Gradually add in the dry ingredients, beating on low speed until just combined and mixed.
Scoop the dough into 1-inch rounds and place it on a baking sheet about 2 inches apart. Bake for 10 to 14 minutes, or until the bottoms are just golden. Let cool completely before storing in a sealed container.