It may be baby steps towards a fully healthy planet, but we're making strides as a brand to become more sustainable by converting all existing and future products to sustainable yarns by 2022.
We're also doing this with zero sacrifices to quality, comfort, fit or softness. Our transition to sustainable yarns will not affect the quality of the products, nor the fit and comfort of them. Every Bravado Designs product continues to be certified STANDARD 100 by OEKO-TEX®, which verifies our use of sustainable yarns and tests to ensure they’re safe from harmful substances. Whether you’re looking to decrease your environmental footprint or want to preserve the quality of your delicates, here’s how to avoid excess water pollution, water waste and energy consumption.
1. Fill up your sink or a small bath.
We can limit our consumption of water to only what’s necessary. Fill your sink or bath with cold water.
2. Use an eco-friendly laundry detergent or gentle soap.
Soak for an hour.
Rather than using toxic options most often found at the grocery store, choose a natural alternative. Eco-friendly solutions prevent toxic chemicals that harm the environment, irritate your skin and most importantly your baby's skin! This includes artificial fragrances, colours and dyes, and chlorine bleach.
3. Skip the softener.
There’s no need to use extra chemicals on your laundry when we don’t need to.
4. Hang (or lay flat) to dry
Air drying uses less energy and helps to preserve the quality of your pieces. Air drying can naturally whiten your white underwear when drying under direct sunlight. Bonus, your laundry will smell like fresh air!
If you are going to use the washer...
- We recommend washing a full load (every time) and using the cold-water cycle.
- However, if you are using the washing machine, place your bras in a lingerie bag.
- To reduce fading and shrinkage, choose the delicate cycle and cold water.
- Avoid bleach as it causes fabrics to lose their stretch.
- If you really must use bleach, choose non-chlorine bleach.
- To dry, hang it with the cups reshaped and the back hooked up.
- Avoid the dryer if possible, as dryer heat may damage the stretch.
- Please don’t iron your bra! The heat damages the elastic and changes the fit.
BONUS TIP: Motherhood and stains go hand in hand!
Make a concentrated mixture of table salt and water or paste of baking soda and water to get stains out of your laundry.
Bra Featured: Restore Bra in Antique White & Grey Orchid